Dog Attack Injuries and California Injury Law
Typically, a dog owner is liable to an individual who has suffered personal injury because of a dog bite or dog attack. A California personal injury attorney can work to fight for your rights and get you fair compensation for your dog attack injuries.
If you or a loved one have been injured as a result of a dog bite or animal attack, it is important that you consult with a California injury lawyer to determine if you have a claim against the owner. A San Diego, California, injury lawyer can aggressively represent dog attack victims to make sure that their rights are protected under California injury law.
Did you know special rules apply if you have been bitten by a dog and the owner is a renter? California landlord liability with dog bites is especially tricky, and the burden of proof is much higher than compared with the dog bite owner who may or may not have insurance to cover your dog attack injuries.
Five Most Dangerous Dog Breeds
When considering dangerous dog breeds, I can't stress enough how important it is to remember that not all dogs of that breed pose a threat. All breeds that are properly supervised and trained can be loving pets.
However, these breeds require more supervision, training, and care to lessen aggressive behaviors—and unfortunately, many dog owners and handlers don't invest in their animals in this way. Dog breeds most likely to bite or attack someone include:
- Pit bulls. These are fighter dogs by nature and have strong jaws. Once they bite someone, it can be hard to get them to let go.
- Rottweiler. Known for their aggressive disposition, they can be fierce guard dogs. Owners must take a calm and assertive approach with them and constantly train them to help them maintain restraint during potentially inciting incidents.
- German Shepard. While great protectors of their families, they can be extremely dangerous if they perceive a threat and, in some cases, their attack can be fatal.
- Doberman Pinscher. These intelligent, powerful protectors tend to be more aggressive around strangers. They can weigh as much as 100 pounds, which increases the risk they'll cause life-altering injuries in an attack.
- Bullmastiff. Strong-willed and aggressive by nature, these massive dogs require extensive training and socialization around strangers to avoid them biting or attacking someone—even if they're displaying any threatening behaviors.
Talk To a Dog Bite Lawyer If You've Been Bitten
San Diego dog bite lawyer, Mark C. Blane, will make sure you receive the professional representation that you would expect from an experienced personal injury lawyer. California injury law sets very stringent time limits for you to file a personal injury claim, so it is important that you act quickly. Contact San Diego dog bite attorney, Mark C. Blane, to schedule a no cost consultation. There is never a fee unless we recover compensation for you!
We invite you to browse our extensive article library, video center, and San Diego injury blog. You can also research your case fur ther by requesting a copy of our California dog bite legal survival book, The ULTIMATE California Dog Bite & Animal Attack Legal Survival Book (which contains the 7 Biggest Mistakes that will ruin your dog bite case and 35 Important FAQs), or our California personal injury guide, The 10 Secrets You Need To Know About Your Injury Case Before You Call a Lawyer at no cost. Hablamos Español.