San Diego Child Injury Lawyer
A child accident in California can often end with tragic results. In the aftermath of serious injury, it's often difficult to know where to turn for help. And when you consider the special legal procedures that apply to child accident cases in California, seeking the compensation you need for your son or daughter can seem an overwhelming task. As a San Diego child injury lawyer, I are dedicated to helping the families of California after their children have been injured because of another person's negligence.
We understand your concerns:
- What is the legal process my injured child now faces?
- What does the insurance company look for when considering a settlement for my child's injury case?
- Who will actually review my child's case?
- How long does it take to resolve my child's injury case?
Common Causes of Child Injuries by Negligence in California
- Car Crashes. Distracted driving, speeding, intoxication, and drowsy driving are a few causes of car collisions in Southern California. Even if children are in a vehicle's back seat or a booster seat, they can suffer catastrophic injuries in a wreck. School bus and back-over accidents are other common ways children are hurt in collisions.
- Daycare Accidents. Daycare providers have a duty to keep the property safe, remove any hazards, and properly supervise children in their care.
- Dog Bites. Children are often unfortunate victims in dog attacks, which cause permanent scarring and disfigurement—especially to the face—and eye injuries. But under California’s dog bite law, the animal's owner may be strictly liable to compensate your child for injuries.
- Swimming Pools. When swimming pool owners fail to properly maintain their properties or provide supervision, there's a threat of drowning.
- Amusement Parks. While a day at an amusement park may be a great way for kids to have fun, they can experience catastrophic injuries or death if a ride malfunctions or untrained workers cause problems.
- Slip and Fall Accidents. When property owners and businesses neglect to properly maintain their properties, remove hazards that can lead to falls, and post warning signs, slip and fall accidents are common.
Resources for California Parents after a Serious Child Accident
Chances are, unless you've experienced a child accident or personal injury case before, you may not know what to expect throughout the claims process in California. Before you call a San Diego child injury lawyer at the Law Offices of Mark C. Blane, you may want to do some research of your own. That's why we provide free resources for you, such as our law library and a number of personal injury books. Another resource is Justice for the Injured Child, a for-purchase book that offers tips for handling the child injury claims process in California. After a child accident, you'll likely find this book to be your survival guide when seeking the compensation your child needs and deserves. We also offer a FREE book on how to Prevent, Discover & Act on Claims of Child Abuse or Neglect with Daycare or Childcare centers in California!
Child Injury Cases We Handle
Just as no two children are alike, every child accident will have a different set of circumstances. Your San Diego child injury attorney will take this into consideration when handling your case, so your claim gets the attention it needs.
We have experience in a number of child accident cases, including:
- birth injuries
- child head injury accidents
- child abuse and neglect
- child auto accidents
- child dog bites
- school accidents
- swimming pool accidents
- defective child car seats
- accidental poisonings
- lack of adult supervision
- child pedestrian accidents
- child eye injuries
- unsafe toys
Making Sense of California's Child Injury Process
When your child has been seriously injured because of another's actions, you need to know the facts of the child injury process in the state of California, which a San Diego child injury attorney can provide. Throughout your case, we can help you understand how California law protects injured children and what will be needed to recover the bodily injury settlement your son or daughter needs. First, the statute of limitations for children is tolled under California law until your son or daughter reaches 18. Second, depending on the settlement amount, court approval is necessary by the appointment of a Guardian Ad Litem to help monitor your child's settlement. We have many years of experience effectively handling children's injuries in California and can keep you informed of your child's rights throughout the entire legal process, so you're never left in the dark.
Contact an Experienced San Diego Child Injury Attorney Today
We meet each child accident client, along with their parents, and do not send an associate member or paralegal to "sign up an injured child client. I have to meet everyone myself so I get to know them as a person first and clients second. This is important, so I know who they are, how the injuries affect them, and how they will come across as witnesses themselves. We do not just represent injured children (through their parents) in California against insurance companies but we also educate our child clients and their parents about what they face after a child accident. We take deep pride in our legal work and go to extraordinary detail on each child injury claim-it's the only way we choose to practice our profession.
I'm dedicated to helping the families of California after their children have been injured because of another person's negligence. A child accident in California can often end with tragic results. Contact us today to schedule your free consultation or call us at 619-813-7955. Our award-winning team has been servicing clients since 1999 throughout San Diego, California.