San Diego CA Child & Infant Accident & Injury Attorney

Hi, I am California personal injury Mark Blane. In this video I discuss who can be appointed as the "Guardian Ad Litem" [GAL] for the settlement funds of an injured child in California. Usually we nominate one of the parents, but see who else can take responsibility in this quick video. Remember, California requires a person to be named as a GAL for any bodily injury settlement for a minor child. The logic stems from the fact that a child cannot legally engage in contracts [unless legally emancipated which is a rare occurance]. To this end, they need a surrogate, or guardian, to be nominated as a trustee to oversee the bodily injury settlement funds. This is why it is done this way in California and virtually in every other state in the United States.

Call me anytime with legal questions on these type of claims in California at (619) 813-7955! I welcome calls ALWAYS! If I don't take your case, I will try my very best to point you in the right direction with your injury claim!

Follow me on Twitter at:

Follow me on Instagram at

Like me on Facebook at:

Check out my Google + Page at:

Mark Blane
Connect with me
San Diego Personal Injury Lawyer | California Car Accident Attorney