CALIFORNIA LAWSUIT NECESSITY: Can I sue (bring a lawsuit) someone who hit my car in California even if his or her or my car/auto insurance covers all the damages?

Without additional facts it is diffuclt to state a firm answer to this question.  You may sue for your unreimbursed damages regardless of your deductible.  If you have been "made whole" or you recovered completely (already settled) from the at-fault parties carrier, then the at-fault person has a defense to your law suit. If you were covered under your own insurance company, and you were made whole, then the same logic applies.  Your insurance company, in the last example, can sue for their costs in making you whole again on the uninsured motorist claim.  For this kind of case it is probably best to call an attorney for a free consultation to discuss the specifics of your accident.

More Legal Qestions About Car & Motorcycle Accidents?

Do you have more legal questions about car & motorcycle accident cases?  Return to the Auto & Motorcycle accidents in California Frequently Asked Legal Questions page.