If you have been involved in a San Diego car crash it is highly possible that you sustained injuries. The severity of these injuries will vary, based on the specific conditions of the accident. It is in your best interest to work with a San Diego law firm to discuss your legal options in filing a personal injury claim when the injuries are severe or life-altering.
In the worst-case scenario your accident may be so severe that you could end up with lasting and disfiguring injuries.
Types of Disfiguring Injuries After an Accident
Disfigurement is a harsh reality that could result from a San Diego car crash. These injuries could take a large and unexpected toll on your life that could render you unable to work, cost you immensely in medical expenses, as well as emotional distress for both you and your loved ones.
The main types of disfiguring injuries that you could be at risk for include:
- Losing a limb,
- Permanent facial scarring,
- Permanent nerve damage and/or
- Loss or deterioration of basic motor functions.
Another type of injury that you could sustain from a San Diego car crash is a burn. Burn injuries are a large and separate group from other injuries as they vary greatly within their own genre. These are extremely dangerous and more common than most people assume.
There are 3 types of burn injuries classified by degree:
- First-degree burns - are also called "superficial burns" and are injuries that only affect the surface layer of skin.
- Second-degree burns - Known as "partial-thickness burns," these dig deeper into the skin, often destroying multiple layers of skin.
- Third-degree burns - also called "full-thickness burns," are the most severe type. These burns destroy all layers of skin and can sometimes even damage the tissue layers underneath.
The Treatment Process for Severe and Permanent Injuries
Disfiguring injuries will have a severe impact on your quality of life and basic abilities to perform day-to-day functions. Treatments for these will be extensive and could ultimately take years to complete.
Types of treatment that you may face include:
- Reconstructive surgery;
- Physical therapy sessions that could last weeks or months;
- Rehabilitation counseling; and
- Emotional or psychological therapy.
If you have been involved in an accident, the best action you can take is to contact a San Diego law office to discuss you options in filing a personal injury claim.
Continue to Next Page >>