Negligent driving is a dominant force in more San Diego, California, car accidents than any other contributing factor. If you or someone you love has been injured in an accident that resulted from another driver's careless or reckless behavior, you should not be liable for the cost of treating your injuries and recovering from the accident. Contact a San Diego car crash lawyer who can explain your options for pursuing a financial remedy.
Negligent and Reckless Driving Statistics
- According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, about 65% of near-miss crashes and 80% of actual crashes are precipitated by some kind of driver distraction that occurred within a few seconds of the auto accident.
- 90% of teens have seen passengers distract a vehicle driver, or a driver using a cell phone.
- It's estimated that drivers who are using mobile phones are more impaired than drivers who are legally drunk (.08% blood alcohol content).
- Dialing a cell phone, applying makeup, reading, looking for an object, driving while drowsy and reaching for an object all increase the risk of a crash more than a BAC of .08% does. Drowsy driving increases the likelihood for an accident by more than 500%, while reaching for an object can increase the risk for an accident by more than 800%.
- 80% of drivers admitted to risky behavior while driving in a recent Nationwide Insurance Survey.
- Approximately 1 million people per day use their mobile phones to text or chat while they are operating a motor vehicle.
If you or someone you know has been injured in one of the thousands of San Diego, California, car accidents that occur each month, speak with a San Diego car crash lawyer who can help determine the liability of your accident and pursue the financial compensation you are entitled to for your injuries.
Continue to Next Page >>