The facts have been previously stipulated. Your insured was negligent in causing an auto accident that resulted in bodily injury and property damage. My injured client was at a complete stop when your insured hit him on the driver’s front side traveling at approximately 40 mph causing airbag deployment.
The police officer did not witness this accident, and cites the unknown driver as the “primary” cause, almost leaving room to cite your insured as an “associated” cause. The simple fact is your client breached his duty of due care by steering his vehicle into my client’s stopped vehicle. Given the above, liability is not an issue.
SUMMARY OF ALL INJURIES
INJURY ICD-9 CODE PHYSICIAN/FACILITY
1. Cervical sprain/strain 847.0 United Physicians Group
2. Lumbar sprain/strain 847.2 United Physicians Group
3. Sciatica 724.3 United Physicians Group
4. Cervical Segmental Dysfunction 739.1 United Physicians Group
5. Lumbar segmental dysfunction 739.3 United Physicians Group
6. Lumbar radiculitis Unsp. United Physicians Group
SUMMARY OF ALL DEMONSTRABLE INJURIES:
- Strain injuries to the cervical, thoracic, and lumbar spine.
- X-Rays of the cervical spine dated 03/27/09 show decreased lordosis and positive scoliosis of 20 degrees.
- X-Rays of the lumbar spine dated 03/27/09 show increased lordosis of 45 degrees, narrowed disk space at L5-S1 and scoliosis of 14 degrees.
CPT Treatment Codes:
99203; 72052; 72110; 97535; 97014; 97140; 97014; 97012; 99213; 97750; 95851; 99212; 97150;
My injured client presented to United Physicians Group three days following the accident where he was evaluated and given diagnostics. My injured client received medical and chiropractic treatment. He was given conservative therapy and then released to participate in his own recovery.
Given the above, Mr. Blane was able to document an excellent record of injury despite the minor medical findings - this led to a successful result for the injured man.
Mark C. Blane is a San Diego Auto Accident Attorney, and the managing lawyer of the Law Offices of Mark C. Blane, a San Diego, California Personal Injury Law Firm devoted to representing families of injured persons of automobile accidents. If you or someone you love, has been injured or killed in San Diego County, or Southern California, due to the negligence of another, please order your FREE copy of Mr. Blane's book, The 10 Secrets You Need To Know About Your Injury Case, BEFORE You Call A Lawyer. It is full of helpful information, insights, and secrets that will help you protect your legal rights. It normally sells for $16.95; however, it is free to all California residents, or those injured in a California accident.