After suffering serious injuries in a car accident in San Diego, you should consult with a San Diego accident attorney to get an estimate of the value of your claim. However, you should not expect an estimate during your initial meeting with an attorney.
Criteria for Placing a Value on a San Diego Accident ClaimYour attorney will need to review the circumstances of your car accident in San Diego before placing a value on your claim. Determining the value of your claim can be a very detailed and complex process. Insurance companies, for instance, will use the following criteria when placing a value on a claim:
- documentation of your injuries;
- your treatment;
- the intensity and duration of medical care;
- medical professionals you have seen;
- your age, weight and height;
- lost wages;
- out-of-pocket incidental expenses;
- whether your quality of life has been altered;
- damage to your vehicle; and
- whether you have suffered any permanent impairments.
In addition to the above criteria, your accident attorney will consider whether you have suffered emotional distress and whether your earning potential has been diminished.
To preserve your case, you should seek medical treatment immediately after the automobile accident and speak with an attorney as quickly as possible. Your attorney will work hard to help you seek all compensation to which you may be entitled. To more learn more about San Diego accident claims, please visit out article library.