As a driver, it is a good idea to become familiar with the types of truck collisions that can occur on the road, whether or not you have been involved in a crash in San Diego. If you are involved in a truck accident, work with a San Diego truck accident lawyer who can help you build a personal injury claim.
Below are 6 examples of commercial vehicle driver negligence that can lead to an accident:
- An aggressive driver will be distracted and more likely to speed, make frequent lane changes, or cut off other drivers on the road.
- Driver error may include failing to use a turn signal or neglecting a blind spot.
- Particularly with trucks, negligence may occur regarding a driver's cargo. He or she may fail to properly load and secure the cargo in the vehicle. This may result in the truck being overweight, unbalanced, or unsecured.
- A driver may cause an accident if he or she is negligent of the road conditions. This includes continuing to drive in poor conditions at unsafe speeds.
- All truck drivers must adhere to federal law, and if he or she neglects mandatory rest periods, unsafe driving may result.
- A driver under the influence is at high risk for causing an accident if he or she is inebriated with alcohol, prescription, or illegal drugs.
If you are involved in a crash in San Diego involving a truck, speak to a San Diego truck accident lawyer to discuss your options. For more information about a crash in San Diego, visit our article library.