Do NOT overlook the possibility of using California Small Claims court on your Injury Case!

Do not over look the possibility of utilizing the California small claims court for your minor injury case, especially if you are involved in a car accident and property damage photos show your damage to be below $1,500. Remember, a photograph can say a thousand words in terms of what looks like an injury- producing accident and what does not. Surface damage with no intrusion on the frame would be considered minor. Under California law, generally speaking, attorneys are not allowed to advocate a client’s case on the first hearing in small claims court. This basically means attorneys cannot represent their clients in argument in small claims. There are narrow exceptions to this rule, but the point here is the small claims forum could be a good place to file your lawsuit against the at-fault party, on your own and without a lawyer, in minor cases where the insurance company is still haggling to settle your case unfairly. This is a great way to “level the playing field” against the at-fault insurance company. I sometimes recommend this avenue to my clients who have very minor injuries or extremely low property damage resulting from an automobile accident.

Personal Injury Attorney:

Mark C. Blane is a San Diego Personal Injury Attorney, and the managing lawyer of the Law Offices of Mark C. Blane, a San Diego, California Personal Injury Law Firm dedicated to representing families of people injured in personal injury accidents including car accidents, slip and falls, dog bites, product defects, and the like. If you or a loved one has been killed or injured in an accident in San Diego, or Southern California, due to the negligence of another, please order your free copy of Mr. Blane's book, The 10 Secrets You Need To Know About Your Injury Case, BEFORE You Call A Lawyer. It is full of helpful information that will help you protect your legal rights and it normally sells for $16.95.  However, it is free to all California residents, or those injured in an California accident.