California uninsured or underinsured motorist coverage (UM / UIM coverage) pays for a person’s injuries if he/she is struck by a hit-and-run driver or by someone who does not have adequate insurance coverage -- either because they have no coverage or because they do not have enough coverage -- to pay for the resulting bodily injuries.

Mark C. Blane is a San Diego Hit-and-Run Auto Accident Attorney and the managing lawyer of the Law Offices of Mark C. Blane, a San Diego, California Pedestrian Injury Law Firm devoted to representing families of  injured persons of automobile accidents. If you or someone you love, has been injured or killed in San Diego County, or Southern California, due to the negligence of another, please order your FREE copy of Mr. Blane's book, The 10 Secrets You Need To Know About Your Injury Case, BEFORE You Call A Lawyer. It is full of helpful information, insights, and secrets that will help you protect your legal rights.  It normally sells for $16.95; however, it is free to all California residents, or those injured in a California accident.