PERSONAL INJURY DAMAGES: In my California Personal Injury case, what is the difference between "economic" and "non-economic" damages?

"Economic Damages" refers to your "out-of-pocket" damages like wage loss, or money you spent on co-pays to attend medical care.  Also, this is known as "special damages."  "Non-economic damages" refers to your "pain and suffering."  This is also known as "general damages."

Mark C. Blane is a San Diego Personal Injury Attorney, and the managing lawyer of the Law Offices of Mark C. Blane, a San Diego, California Personal Injury Law Firm dedicated to representing families of people injured in personal injury accidents including car accidents, slip and falls, dog bites, product defects, and the like. If you or a loved one has been killed or injured in an accident in San Diego, or Southern California, due to the negligence of another, please order your free copy of Mr. Blane's book, The 10 Secrets You Need To Know About Your Injury Case, BEFORE You Call A Lawyer. It is full of helpful information that will help you protect your legal rights and it normally sells for $16.95.  However, it is free to all California residents, or those injured in an California accident.