OUT-OF-STATE PLAINTIFF (INJURED PARTY): What are few mistakes to avoid if you are injured in a California auto or motorcycle accident, but you do not live in the state of California?

If you live out of the state of California, and you were injured by an auto or motorcycle accident, you should definitely do the following:

· Seek prompt medical attention (even if you sustained minor injuries just to make sure you are okay since you are generally not a medical expert)

· Notify your own insurance company (you may qualify for benefits)

· Continue your medical treatment at home

· Don’t give a recorded statement to the other insurance company

· Speak to an experienced attorney in California State so he/she can protect your claim  

Most injury attorneys will offer you a free consultation so make sure you speak to an experienced attorney as to your options given your specific injury case.

More Legal Qestions About Car & Motorcycle Accidents?

Do you have more legal questions about car & motorcycle accident cases?  Return to the Auto & Motorcycle accidents in California Frequently Asked Legal Questions page.