Your landlord should have an insurance liability policy that offers protection if someone (like you) is injured on his or her property.  If you are renter, then this protection may cover your California slip and fall accident.  To obtain monetary compensation for your slip and fall injuries, you will need to file a claim with your landlord’s insurance company so they can investigate the facts of how you fell.  Of course, you should consult with an experienced California slip and fall lawyer FIRST.  However, depending on how severe your injury case is or the other factors involved, you might want to move forward with a lawsuit if necessary.  Many people are hesitant to file a claim against their landlords for fear that it will lead to eviction or hurt the landlord/tenant relationship-however, your health must come first and your medical care must take paramount importance.