QUALIFIED MEDICAL EVALUATOR (QME): So what is a QME in regards to my San Diego or California workers' compensation case?

The Qualified Medical Evaluator (QME) is an independent medical doctor certified by the DWC Medical Unit to perform medical evaluations on injured workers.  If you are without a work comp lawyer, a QME will evaluation your injury and that report will be used to for the resolution of your work comp claim.  If you are represented by a work comp attorney, then your attorney would select an Agreed Medical Evaluator (AME), not a QME.