Spinal Cord Injury | Back Injury from a Car Accident
- San Diego California Personal Injury Attorneys — Back Injury
- A back injury can turn your life upside down, and we understand this. We represent the victims of spinal cord injury, as well as a wide range of other back injuries, including herniated discs, ruptured disks, whiplash, spinal stenosis, or pinched nerves. We have the capacity to handle all of these types of injuries — no matter how severe. For many years, we have built a reputation as one of San Diego's leading personal injury law firms. We have represented thousands of injured people throughout our state, helping people who were injured by car accidents, defective products, and medical malpractice, as well as by nursing home neglect and abuse.
- What is a Spinal Cord Injury
- Spinal cord injuries occur when damage to the spine results in loss of function. No matter how it occurs — a car accident, a motorcycle accident, a fall, a construction accident, medical negligence, or some other cause — a spinal cord injury is a life-changing, complex injury. While spinal cord injuries result in permanent disability, not every accident results inquadriplegia or paraplegia. The effects of spinal cord injury depend on the type and level of injury. Regardless of the seriousness of your injury, we can give you the support you need. At our Phoenix law firm, we focus on more than just litigation; we focus on our client's as persons first. Our primary goal is to help you resume as normal a life as possible after a spinal cord injury, so we assist with healthcare rights and benefits, and negotiating with your health insurance company.
- According to the National Spinal Cord Injury Association, there are approximately 10,000 new spinal cord injuries every year in the United States. Of these, 82% involve men between the ages of 16-30. The most common cause is a motor vehicle accident.