"Course and Scope of Employment" means was the injured worker "working" for his or her employer at the time of the work accident to qualify as a bonafide work comp claim?  The simple test to answer this question is the following:  was the injured worker doing something, at the time of his work injury, to benefit his employer?  If the answer to this question is "yes," then the injured worker was within the course and scope of his or her employment.

APPEALS BOARD: What is the Workers Compensation Appeals Board (WCAB)?

This is the place where all things related to a work comp injury get consolidated and reviewed. It administers all things related to a work comp case.  This place is also the work comp court with the work comp judges that will help decide your specific work comp case.  In California, there is a group of seven commissioners appointed by the governor to review and reconsider decisions of workers' compensation administrative law judges. Also called the Reconsideration Unit. See Workers' Compensation Appeals Board.

If you were injured in San Diego County and have an open workers compensation claim, your work comp case or claim will be administered at the following San Diego address:

Workers' Compensation Appeals Board
7575 Metropolitan Road, Suite 202
San Diego, CA 92108-1402

Permanent and Stationary Medical Report For Your San Diego Work Comp Case

The term Permanent and Stationary (P&S) refers to a time when your medical condition has reached maximum medical improvement. Meaning you are not getting any worse, and you have reached your best pre-job accident medical condition.  And, yes, this is a very important time in your California work comp case because once you are "P&S'ed," a medical doctor can then, at that specific time, assess how much, if any, permanent disability resulted from your work-related injury.  This report is used to finalize your work comp case.  It is a very important time in your case once you reach this stage.

P & S report also dictate how much reward you will receive in your workers' compensation case, in addition, if you were injured on the job but by someone not connected with your employer, you can sue that person or entity and utilize your P & S report at trial before the jury. Especially if you have a high % of impairment to a particular body part or system. A good injury lawyer can help you with this. I use P & S reports all the time when I am sueing a third party not connected with my client's employer.

Please note:  If your disability is rated under the 2005 schedule you will see the term maximal medical improvement (MMI) used in place of P&S.