EARLY RELEASE OF SETTLEMENT FUNDS: How can a parent who is also the named Guardian Ad Litem request early withdrawal of a Minor Child's Settlement funds in California?

A petition must be filed with the California Superior Court that approved the minor's bodily injury settlement in the first place.  In San Diego, California the court usually sets aside one day a week (usually Friday mornings) to hears such petitions to request early withdrawals.