Many people enjoy the outdoors in San Diego, California, and as a result, San Diego has many bicycle lanes and people enjoying the outdoors on bikes. In many cases, a bicycle accident results from a motorist's negligence or inattentiveness while operating his or her vehicle. The following are some common types of collisions that a cyclist may be injured in:
- 1) A motor vehicle driver turning directly in front of a bicyclist;
- 2) An automobile driver entering the street from a driveway or parking spot and pulls out into traffic in front of the bicyclist;
- 3) A motorist's failure to yield at an intersection or running a stop sign or red light;
- 4) A vehicle driver's inattention while driving past a bicyclist;
- 5) An automobile driver's failure to look both ways when resuming travel after stopping at a stop sign;
- 6) An automobile driver is under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
More Legal Questions About Pedestrian & Bicycle Accidents?
Do you have more legal questions about car & motorcycle accident cases? Return to the Pedestrian & Bicycle Accidents in California Frequently Asked Legal Questions page.