Death of Two Infants by Strangulation Due to Faulty Baby Monitor Cords | Child Injury Law Firm

Posted on Feb 11, 2011
The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC), recently announced the voluntary recall to provide on-product warning label with instructions for approximately 1.7 million video baby monitors that have electrical cords.  Sadly, these cords afford a strangulation hazard to infants and toddlers if they are put very close to a sleeping place like a child's crib.  Due to this serious risk, child caregivers and parents need to be mindful to never place these corded camera monitoring devices within approximately three feet of a child's crib.

The CPSC announced two recent strangulation deaths of infants with these electrical cords and the product that they were tied to is called "Summer Infant Video Baby Monitors."  One strangulation death happened in March 2010 when a 10-month-old girl in the Washington, D.C. area was strangled in her crib by one of these electrical cords.  In that case, the video monitor was on top of her crib!  Another tragic death occurred in the Conway, South Carolina area when a six-month-old boy strangled in his baby crib by the same cord.

Attention to Parents and Caregivers:  Please be mindful when it comes to placing corded devices near your child's crib!  For more details on this recall notice, go to the following link here.   

Read More About Death of Two Infants by Strangulation Due to Faulty Baby Monitor Cords | Child Injury Law Firm...