Though recent California traffic accident statistics show that many types of accidents have been decreasing in frequency, California is still one of the leading states in teenage accident fatality. If you or a loved one has been involved in a car accident, speak with your San Diego accident lawyers right away to begin working on a personal injury claim.
Teenage CA Traffic Accident Statistics
In recent California traffic accident statistics it was found that there were nearly 600 fatalities involving teenagers in 2008.
Many teenage accidents are caused by risks that include:
- Poor hazard detection - lack of detecting environment hazards that often comes with experience in driving,
- Low risk perception - young drivers have a tendency to underestimate dangers and threats on the road.
- Risk taking - teenage drivers are more commonly found driving with overconfidence in their abilities. They are more likely to speed, tailgate, run red lights, violate signals, and make illegal turns.
- Seat belt neglect - many teenagers fail to wear seat belts properly.
- Lack of skill - handling skills and driving knowledge that comes with time and experience.
- Alcohol and drugs - driving under the influence often causes serious and fatal accidents.
- Distracting passengers - fellow teenage passengers are often loud or disruptive.
- Night driving - sleep deprivation and visibility factors (occasionally combined with alcohol or drug use) creates dangerous situations.
Read more about recent California traffic accident statistics and contact a San Diego accident lawyer after you've been involved in a California accident.
Take Control of Your California Injury Claim by Contacting San Diego Accident Lawyers Today!
Don't let your child become another CA traffic accident statistic, contact San Diego accident lawyers to argue your case. San Diego accident lawyer Mark C. Blane and his legal team aren't like some of the other San Diego accident lawyers you may have met with or seen ads for around town.
Our goal is to educate our clients - even those whose cases we don't take - so that you not only understand the legal process ahead of you but the basics of San Diego injury law and your legal rights.
You can get started by ordering one of our FREE injury guides including Wolf in Sheep's Clothing: What Your Insurance Company Doesn't Want You to Know and Won't Tell You Until It's Too Late! or The 10 Secrets You Need to Know About Your Injury Case Before You Call a Lawyer.
Contact us today to schedule your appointment - 888-845-6269 or 619-813-7955. We are proud to serve San Diego's Spanish speaking population and even offer our FREE California personal injury book en Español.