UNINSURED OR HIT AND RUN AT-FAULT PARTY: What if the person who hit me on my bicycle was uninsured, or left the scene of the accident?

You have a couple of options available.  

You may still be able to make a claim if you, or someone who lives with you, have uninsured motorist coverage on your auto insurance policy. This is a very important coverage to have and It doesn’t matter that you were not driving at the time of the bicycle accident. If authorities can find the person who hit you, you should be reimbursed later by that person's insurance; or yours, if that person has no insurance and you have uninsured motorist coverage.