Were you injured in a California Taxi Cab Accident? See Our Many FREE Legal Help Books on this Website to Help You Make informed decisions for your Injury Claim!
Taxicab drivers in San Diego have been known to be aggressive in their driving tactics, and as a result we see frequent vehicle accidents in San Diego county that involve cab drivers. This is true throughout California including larger cities like San Francisco, Los Angeles, and Riverside. Sometimes the taxicab driver can be negligent for an accident by speeding, failing to yield, or not properly following street signs. Or the cab itself could just have bad maintenance issues like bad tires, brakes or transmission problems - this could be due to negligent repair shops too but all avenues of cause as to why any accident happens should always be explored by a good taxicab accident attorney. Sometimes these cab drivers are at fault for being on drugs or amphetamines so you have to be careful out there. If you or someone you know was struck or hit by a California taxi cab driver or you were an injured passenger inside of a taxi cab, you will need to call an injury lawyer that has experienced with these types of accidents. I have been handling these types of cases in California since 1999. Please read on to find out why I may be a good choice for your taxi cab injury case.
California State Taxi Cab Regulations:
Southern California Taxicab Accident & Injuries:
As you can see from reading above, there are literally thousands of taxicabs, shuttles and limos running through out Southern California at any one time, and unfortunately the accident rate for these common public carriers is quite high. The following is a list of some of the more serious injuries resulting from taxicab car accidents:
1. Fractured Bones (Hard Tissue Injuries)
2. Disfiguring injuries
3. Dismemberment injuries
4. Ligament injuries or other Soft Tissue Injuries
5. Internal Injuries
6. Skull or head fractures
7. Traumatic Brain Injuries
8. Neck, back, spinal cord injuries
9. Vehicle burn injuries
Some Important Tips for your California Taxicab Ride:
You can do certain things to make sure you are in a licensed Taxi - if you are in San Diego County, you can look for the MTS inspection permit or ask the cab driver if he is regulated and have him or her show you the permit. If you are in Los Angeles you can look for a taxicab with the official Seal of Los Angeles on it. In most cities, you will find "bandit taxicabs" that have no legal authority to operate in the city so you should always be watchful when hailing a cab in California. These unregulated taxicabs may not have insurance, but the ones regulated have to have auto insurance and they are inspected by the city or some other governmental agency like the MTS here in San Diego. Also, regulated taxicabs have been inspected by vehicle safety teams, and yes, just because you are in a properly regulated cab does not make you 100% immune to accident. However, you can trust that you are insured, at the very least, riding in a regulated taxicab.
Look around you in the taxicab and make sure that all seat safety belts are in proper working order the cab driver takes off on your destination. If you have a dysfunction in your safety belt harness then notify the cab driver at once, and if you cannot be accommodated then you should refuse the taxicab ride. You may be partly to blame for not engaging the seat belt if you get in a wreck later on with the taxicab. Do not be shy and tell the cab driver to slow down if he or she is driving to fast or erratically. Remember, your life is in their hands too!
Who Can I Sue if I get injured while a Passenger in a California Taxicab Accident?
Depending on the facts of the accident, you will be able to sue the at-fault driver whether it was the cab driver or another vehicle, or both if both were at fault. If the cab driver was at fault, and you were in a regulated taxicab with insurance, then you should have plenty of insurance to sue for to make you whole again from any injuries - however, each accident is different and this wholly depends on the nature and extent of your injuries. Remember, under California law, taxicabs are considered "common carriers" which really means they have a "heightened duty" under the law to make sure you are safe and secure during your taxicab ride.
Choosing the right California Taxicab Accident & Injury Lawyer may not be very easy as not every injury lawyer has successfully handled these types of injury cases. Give me a call at (619) 813-7955 and I would be more than happy to explain how I may be able to help you on your taxicab injury case.
Videos about Auto, Motorcycle & Truck Accidents:
- San Diego Injury Lawyer Mark Blane Welcomes New Clients to His Law Office
- Injury Attorney Mark Blane | What Clients Can Expect With Me
- San Diego Motorcycle Accidents Are Frequent and Serious by CA Motorcycle Injury Lawyer Mark C. Blane
- San Diego CA Injury Lawyer Mark C. Blane Explains the Benefits of CA Uninsured Motorist Protection
- San Diego Motorcycle Injury Lawyer Mark C. Blane Explains the Rules of the Road & Injuries with Motorcyles
- San Diego Auto Injury Lawyer Mark C. Blane Discusses What To Do If You Are Involved in an Auto Accident
- San Diego Truck Accident Attorney Mark C. Blane Talks About Commercial Trucking Wrecks & What Is Needed To Document Such Injury Cases
Case Results for Auto, Motorcycle & Truck Accidents:
- Small Air Bag Deployment Case in San Diego CA Results in Satisfactory Outcome
- Speeding Results in San Diego CA Car Accident Causing Bodily Injuries
- Minor San Diego CA Parking Lot Auto Accident Case Gets Settled
- Roll Over San Diego Accident | Injured Victim Survies & Receives Settlement
- Chula Vista CA Auto Accident Victim Obtains a Fair Settlement for Injuries
- Chula Vista CA Auto Accident Victim Obtains a Great Settlement for Injuries
- San Diego CA Car Accident Victim Obtains Fantastic Recovery in Settlement
- Chula Vista CA Car Accident Victim Obtains Over $94,000.00 in Settlement
- Chula Vista Man Attacked Via Car by an Unknown Assailant
- San Diego Car Accident (Accordion Crash)
- Camp Pendelton Car Accident Injures a Respected San Diego War Veteran
- National City lady recovers Twice from San Diego Car Accident
- UCSD College Senior Requires Left Hand Surgery From San Diego Accident
- Breast Implant Removal Due To San Diego Car Accident
- Chula Vista Man Gets Hit By a Car with No Witnesses
- El Cajon Man's Prior Work Comp Injury Aggravated In Car Accident
Awarded: 110,000.00 (including $10,000.00 medical pay benefits)
Awarded: 110,000.00 (including $10,000.00 medical pay benefits)
Awarded: $110,000.00 Policy Limits
Awarded: $100,000.00 Policy Limits
Frequent Questions for Auto, Motorcycle & Truck Accidents:
- What happens if I'm injured in a San Diego traffic accident caused by an uninsured driver?
- What happens if I was partially at fault for a motorcycle accident in San Diego, California?
- LEGAL FAULT: If I think I am at fault for a San Diego car or motorcycle accident, should I admit fault at the accident scene or to the police officers that arrive at the accident scene?
- LEGAL FAULT: What is a determining factor in figuring out who is at fault in a San Diego California auto, motorcycle or truck accident?
- CAR ACCIDENT: I got into an El Cajon California car accident that involved several cars, and I was injured as a result. What happens if one of the other injured victims from the same El Cajon car accident was injured too?
- PROPERTY DAMAGE: How is the actual value of a vehicle determined under California law-how can you determine it?
- MOTORCYCLE LANE-SPLITTING: Can I legally "lane split" with my motorcycle on San Diego County freeways? If I do, and I end up in a motorcycle accident causing bodily injuries, would I be at fault because I "splitted the lanes" on my motorcycle?
- MOTORCYCLE ACCIDENT STATISTICS: How many people are hurt or even killed in motorcycle accidents each year?
- CHULA VISTA MOTORCYCLE ACCIDENT: If I was injured in a Chula Vista, California motorcycle accident because of a defect in my motorcycle, and I sustained bodily injuries as a result, what can I do?
- MOTORCYCLE ACCIDENT: What are the main causes of death in a California motorcycle accident?
- MOTORCYCLE ACCIDENT STATISTICS: What are some statistics of persons killed in a California motorcycle accident that was not their fault?
- EL CAJON MOTORCYCLE ACCIDENT: I was in an El Cajon motorcycle traffic accident where a car turned left in front my my bike's travel. Who is going to be at fault for the motorcycle accident and my resulting bodily injuries?
- CAR ACCIDENT: If I leave a San Diego car accident scene, will I get into trouble with the police?
- CAR ACCIDENT TRAFFIC TICKET: What if I get into a San Diego California auto accident, and I am given a traffic ticket by the police? Should I sign it? What do I need to be aware of in case this happens to me?
- PROPOSITION 213: What is California Proposition 213, and why is it important in my California motor vehicle accident case ?
- POLICE REPORT: What should I know about California Police Reports in relationship to my motorcycle or automobile accident case?
- LEGAL DAMAGES: What "legal damages" can I recover for in a California Motorcycle Accident case?
- MOTORCYCLE ACCIDENTS: What are some common "blind spots" when it comes to a motorcycle accident that you see in your San Diego California injury law practice?
- MOTORCYCLE ACCIDENT: Do you see California motorcycle accident cases where the motorcyclist is stopped at a red light and rear-ended?
- MOTORCYCLE LANE-SPLITTING: What should I know about "lane splitting" with a motorcycle in California?
Library for Taxi Cab Auto Accidents:
- TAXI CAB ACCIDENTS AND INJURIES IN SAN DIEGO CALIFORNIA
Description: If you or a loved one has been involved in a taxi accident in the San Diego area or in Southern California, you may have many questions about your legal rights and how to pursue rightful compensation for your injuries, medical expenses, lost wages, and other needs.
Blog for Auto, Motorcycle & Truck Accidents
- Personal Injury Attorney in San Diego Explains Senior Driver Safety
Description: A personal injury attorney in San Diego is one of the best people to explain senior driver safety. For San Diego car accident claim help call – 888-845-6269.
- Types of Nerve Injury after a San Diego Traffic Accident
Description: A San Diego injuries lawyer may be able to help you file a claim if you have suffered a nerve injury in a San Diego traffic accident – 888-845-6269.
- Most Common Dangerous San Diego Car Accidents
Description: If one of the many dangerous San Diego car accidents injured you or someone you love then contact a San Diego injury lawyer – 888-845-6269.
- 3 Mistakes to Avoid After a Car Crash in San Diego
Description: After car crash in San Diego avoid common accident scene mistakes. If you have been injured, contact a San Diego accident attorney in San Diego – 888-845-6269.
- 4 Uninsured/Underinsured Facts for Car Accident Claims in San Diego
Description: Before filing San Diego car accident claims, know these 4 facts about uninsured and underinsured motorist coverage. San Diego injury law firm – 888-845-6269.
- What to Do After Serious Accidents in San Diego, California
Description: Take action after serious accidents in San Diego. Speak with a San Diego accident lawyer if you’ve been injured in a crash: 1-888-845-6269.
- 5 Types of Disfiguring Injuries in a San Diego Car Crash
Description: If you have been involved in a San Diego car crash and suffered serious or permanent injuries, reach out to a San Diego law office: 1-888-845–6269.
- How to Handle Aggressive Drivers on the Road
Description: Road rage causes thousands of San Diego, California car accidents each year. Speak with a San Diego car crash lawyer if you’ve been hurt: 1-888-845-6269.
- Recent California Traffic Accident Statistics: Teenage Drivers
Description: If you have questions about teenage driver in California traffic accident statistics contact San Diego accident lawyers for assistance. Call now - 888-845-6269.
- Struggling With Financial Hardships after a San Diego Car Accident
Description: After a car accident in San Diego, you will likely face financial hardships. Call 1-888-845-6269 or 1-619-813-7955 for help with a personal injury claim.
- Handling Insurance Companies after San Diego Car Accidents
Description: You should hire a lawyer to handle insurance negotiations after a car accident San Diego. For legal help, call 1-888-845-6269 or 1-619-813-7955.
- Seek Immediate Medical Care to Help Your San Diego Injury Lawyer Build a Solid Case
Description: Seek medical care after a car crash in San Diego to help your San Diego injury lawyer build a solid case. For legal help, call 888-845-6269 or 619-813-7955.
- Fatal San Diego Accident a Mystery for Sheriff’s Detectives
Description: A fatal San Diego accident has perplexed detectives in San Diego County. If you need help, call a San Diego accident lawyer: 1-888-845-6269 or 619-813-7955.
- Multi-Vehicle Crash on I-805 Leaves 1 Person Injured in San Diego
Description: A multi-vehicle crash on I-805 left one person injured in San Diego. For help, call a San Diego accident lawyer: 1-888-845-6269 or 619-813-7955.
- Woman Ejected from Car and Run Over in Fatal La Mesa Accident
Description: A woman was ejected from a car and run over in a fatal La Mesa accident. For legal help, call a San Diego accident lawyer: 1-888-845-6269 or 619-813-7955.
- Family Cites Highway Flaw in Teen’s Death in I-15 Accident
Description: A family is mourning the loss of a young woman in an I-15 accident. If you need legal help, call a San Diego accident lawyer: 1-888-845-6269 or 619-813-7955.
- Allstate Insurance & MIST Cases | San Diego Car Accident & Injury Claims
Description: Allstate insurance came up with the MIST case designation which stands for "Minor Impact Soft Tissue" or "MIST" for short. The advent of MIST programs corresponded with the industry growth of bio-mechanical expert witnesses. At Allstate insurance, supervisors are trained how to "motivate the need for MIST specialists.
- How Long Will My San Diego Personal Injury Case Take To Settle?
Description: The simple answer is, no one really knows because there are generally three unknown factors at the beginning of a case that influence time: ? How long it will take for your body to heal from an accident; ? How long it will take for all treating doctors to complete their medical findings on you; and, ? How long it will take for your attorney to communicate the medical findings to the insurance company for its review.
- Damages You Can Recover From a San Diego California Accident Case
Description: An automobile insurance company is usually only interested in paying you the least amount of money to settle your auto accident bodily injury claim, but an experienced, competent and reputable California car accident lawyer will pursue all types of compensation for an auto injury client. This is what "levels the playing field" when it comes to a California car or motorcycle accident and a California insurance company. If you or someone you know has been injured in an auto or motorcycle accident, you may be entitled to recover compensation for your injuries and damages.
- Possible Sources of Recovery for a Car Accident Case | San Diego California
Description: t is in your best legal interest that you hire a Chula Vista California Car Accident law firm that will do more than just file a claim with an insurance company on your behalf, especially because the available insurance policy may turn out to have insufficient limits to fully cover your damages in your bodily injury claim. A resourceful Chula Vista auto accident lawyer will investigate all sources of compensation and pursue all avenues of recovery for injured claimants, including any passengers you may have had with you (or if you were the injured passenger in someone else's motor vehicle).
Web Resources for Auto, Motorcycle & Truck Accidents:
- Advocates for Highway and Auto Safety
An alliance of consumer, health and safety groups and insurance companies and agents working together to make America's roads safer.
- California Department of Motor Vehicles
Description:This link allows users to link directly with the California Department of Motor Vehicles in order to order forms, get questions answered regarding their California driver's license, rules and regulations.
- Department of Motorvehicles for All 50 States
Description:This site allows the user to navigate the rules and procedures of the DMV for all 50 States.
- FAQ's for California Auto, Motorcycle & Truck Accidents
Description: Have legal questions about California Auto, Motorcycle & Truck Accidents? Visit my FAQ Section to find answers to a huge library of different legal questions in this area of the law.
- Free Legal Books Written By San Diego Personal Injury Attorney Mark C. Blane
Description:Free legal books for you if you are a California resident or if you have been injured in a California accident. Written and published by San Diego Personal Injury Attorney Mark C. Blane so you can find important information quickly before you speak with a lawyer or fill out any legal forms. Request yours today at the above link!