A San Diego Brain Injury Lawyer or San Diego Spinal Cord Injury Lawyer Will Give Your Catastrophic Injury Claim the Attention it Deserves
Brain & Spinal Cord Injuries
Everything that has to do with brain and spinal cord injuries is magnified: the suffering, the complexity of the medical interventions, the length of treatment and rehabilitation, the long-term effects, the costs, and the impact on the victim's life and family.
During this challenging time, you and your family need to focus on your recovery while an experienced San Diego brain injury lawyer or San Diego spinal cord injury lawyer handles the complicated legal aspects of filing and defending your personal injury claim.
Working with an Experienced San Diego Brain Injury Lawyer
Traumatic brain injuries (TBIs) can come in many forms, which means the type and severity will vary from person to person. This also means that all TBI victims will be left with unique symptoms, strengths, and challenges that must be addressed through a personal injury claim. Treating the permanent or long-term consequences of a brain injury can cost hundreds of thousands of dollars, funds you likely do not have and should not be responsible for when another person's negligence caused your condition.
Friends and relatives can help you cope with the immediate emotional and practical issues of a traumatic brain injury. However, in order to address the medical, financial and legal problems of such a catastrophic event, you need to have a San Diego brain injury lawyer on your side who can go head-to-head with the insurance companies and advocate for the compensation you need and deserve.
How a San Diego Spinal Cord Injury Lawyer Can Help
Spinal cord injuries often result in long-term or life-long changes and challenges for victims and their families. San Diego spinal cord injury lawyer Mark C. Blane understands the unique and complex challenges that impact victims and their personal injury claims.
California personal injury claims for spinal cord injuries require significant considerations that go beyond your immediate medical needs. Accepting a quick settlement will likely bar you from obtaining the compensation you need for your future care and wellness. An experienced San Diego spinal cord injury lawyer can explain all of your legal rights and help determine the full range of compensation you may be able to recover.
Types of California brain injury and spinal cord injury cases we handle:
- closed and open head injuries;
- spinal cord injuries;
- thoracic spine injuries;
- lumbar spine injuries;
- brain trauma accidents;
- sciatic nerve pain;
- traumatic diffuse axonal injury;
- cervical neck injuries; and
Before You Call a San Diego Brain Injury or Spinal Cord Lawyer, Order Our FREE California Personal Injury Guide:
Mark C. Blane's California Personal Injury Guide,The 10 Secrets You Need To Know About Your Injury Claim, BEFORE You Call A Lawyer, guides you through the 10 most important, but widely unknown, areas an injury victim should be aware of before calling or retaining a personal injury lawyer. He exposes the secrets that the insurance companies do not want you to know.
Videos about Brain & Spinal Cord Injuries:
- Brain Injury Accidents Can Be Difficult To Prove by San Diego Head Trauma Lawyer Mark C. Blane
- Spinal Cord Injury Cases Are a Great Responsibility as Explained by San Diego Spinal Cord Injury Lawyer Mark C. Blane
- San Diego Brain Injury Lawyer Mark C. Blane Speaks About Brain Injuries, Head Traumas, and Concussions and What Needs To Be Documented For Court
Case Results for Brain & Spinal Cord Injuries:
- head concussion injury | rear-end car accident in the Poway, California
- Ischemic Stroke Caused by the Taking of Metabolife 356 in San Diego
- Mild Traumatic Brain Injury to Escondido Lady in Car Accident
Awarded: $100,000.00 Policy Limits
Awarded: $105,000.00 Policy Limits
Frequent Questions for Brain & Spinal Cord Injuries:
- HEAD INJURY: What is a California head injury? Also known as a concussion type injury, closed or open head wound, brain trauma or diffuse axonal tissue injury?
- BRAIN INJURY RECOVERY TIME: This may seem like a silly question, but people who have brain or head injuries, do they recover from the injuries?
- SWELLING OF THE BRAIN: My brother got into a bad San Diego car accident, and the doctors said he sustained severe brain injuries, and they noticed some swelling. Although he is doing better now, I was wondering what is brain swelling?
- BRAIN INJURY: What are some common causes of brain injuries that you see in your San Diego California brain injury law practice?
- CLOSED HEAD INJURY: I got into an El Cajon California motorcycle accident and injured my head. What are some symptoms of a Closed Head Injury?
- CLOSED HEAD INJURY: How is the brain damaged in a Closed Head Injury after an auto or motorcycle accident?
- POST-CONCUSSION SYNDROME: What is a "Post-Concussion Syndrome" and why is it important in my California Accident Case?
- HEAD CONCUSSION INJURY: What is a Concussion?
- HEAD INJURIES: When should an injured person seek medical attention for a brain injury or concussion?
- CHILD BRAIN INJURY: What are some warning signs in children with a brain injury or a head concussion?
- BRAIN INJURY RESOURCES: What are some good resources for support in a Brain/Head Concussion Injury?
Library for Brain & Spinal Cord Injuries:
- Coping With a Herniated Disc After a San Diego Accident (Part B)
Description: By hiring a California injury lawyer, you have a better change of receiving a fair settlement for your injuries from a San Diego accident. Call 888-845-6269.
- Coping With a Herniated Disc After a San Diego Accident (Part A)
Description: If you’ve suffered a herniated disc in a San Diego accident, you may be eligible to file a claim. Contact your California injury lawyer for help: 888-845-6269.
- When an Accident in San Diego Results in a Traumatic Brain Injury (Part B)
Description: Contact a San Diego trial lawyer if you or someone you love has suffered a traumatic brain injury from an accident in San Diego – 888-845-6269.
- When an Accident in San Diego Results in a Traumatic Brain Injury (Part A)
Description: If you have suffered a traumatic brain injury in an accident in San Diego, contact a San Diego trial lawyer – 888-845-6269.
- When Your San Diego Accident Results in a Spinal Cord Injury (Part B)
Description: If you’ve had a spinal cord injury in a San Diego accident, contact the San Diego spinal cord injury lawyer team who will answer your questions: 888-845-6269.
- When Your San Diego Accident Results in a Spinal Cord Injury (Part A)
Description: Spine injuries after a San Diego accident can be life-altering. You should seek compensation by calling a San Diego spinal cord injury lawyer: 888-845-6269.
- Coma from Head Injuries due to a California Accident
Description: A coma is a state of deep unconsciousness in which a person lacks both awareness and wakefulness. A vegetative state is when a person is awake but has lost awareness of their surroundings. When is a person said to be in a prolonged vegetative state? A person is said to be in a persistent vegetative state if their condition last more than 4 weeks, or in a permanent vegetative state if their condition has remained the same for more than 1 year.
- San Diego Attorneys — When an Injury Causes Seizures
Description: We are well-equipped to handle even the most difficult personal injury cases — including cases related to complex diagnoses, traumatic brain injury, and seizures. For many years, we have been helping people throughout the state of California, and throughout the county of San Diego take legal action, reclaiming their lives, and moving forward after an accident.
- San Diego, California, Lawyers — Paraplegia and Quadriplegia
Description: A minor or severe spinal cord injury can make you feel as if nothing will ever be the same again. Your vital nerve command system is impaired. While you are struggling with the anger, fear, loss, and depression that are often associated with a traumatic personal injury, you are also called upon to make important decisions about your future.
- Spinal Cord Injury | Back Injury from a Car Accident
Description: A back injury can turn your life upside down, and we understand this. We represent the victims of spinal cord injury, as well as a wide range of other back injuries, including herniated discs, ruptured disks, whiplash, spinal stenosis, or pinched nerves. We have the capacity to handle all of these types of injuries — no matter how severe. For many years, we have built a reputation as one of San Diego's leading personal injury law firms.
- Closed Head Injury v. Open Head Injury
Description: California Brain Injury Lawyer: A traumatic brain injury typically results from a skull fracture and profuse bleeding as a result of the bone skull being shattered into different sized pieces. The injured person and emergency medical personnel can see that a head injury has occurred and treatment is usually prompt.
- Lumbar Spine Injuries and Treatment
Description: San Diego Lumbar Spine Injury Attorney: In the human spine, there are five (5) lumbar vertebrae located in the lower back portion of the spine. The nerves in the lumbar area send signals to the low back, buttocks, and legs. In a severe accident or trauma case, a "complete" lumbar disc injury will result in paraplegia, the inability to move or have sensation in one's legs.
- San Diego California Spinal Cord Injury Law Firm: Recent Statistics about Brain Injury Cases and What We Need to Do to Document for the Consequences of such Injuries
Description: San Diego Spinal Cord and Brain Injury Law Firm: Currently, according to one recent statistic, almost half a million people in the United States are living with a spinal cord injury and some degree of paralysis. Every year, another 10,000 people suffer a spinal cord injury. Approximately four out of five of those injury victims are males between the ages of 16 and 20 (a young age group). Nearly half of whom were hurt in motor vehicle accidents — car accidents, truck crashes, motorcycle accidents, ATV wrecks, or the like. Injuries from falls or items falling on persons constitute injuries in the statistics. Slightly more than 20 percent of spinal cord injuries are due to falls from heights, such as can happen in recreational accidents, construction site accidents, and faulty construction accidents, such as staircase or deck collapses.
- Sciatic Nerve Pain is a Medical Condition that can be Caused by a Herniated Disc from a Car, Motorcycle, or Truck Accident, or even a Slip and Fall Accident
Description: San Diego Spinal Cord/Brain Injury Lawyer: Pain or numbness can occur in the area of the body affected by that nerve too; it does not just have to be isolated in the back spinal region. For example, a herniated disc may press on one of the nerve roots of the large nerve that extends from the lower back down the back of the leg, causing pain and numbness in the leg. This is a condition called sciatica. In my San Diego Spinal Cord Injury law practice, I see this sciatica condition get aggravated all the time. The injured client was fine before the accident, then later, after the trauma forces of the accident, he or she has this sciatica nerve pain condition.
- What is Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)?
Description: Chula Vista Brain Injury Lawyer: Traumatic brain injury (TBI), a form of acquired brain injury, occurs when a sudden trauma causes damage to the brain. TBI can result when the head suddenly and violently hits an object, or when an object pierces the skull and enters brain tissue. Symptoms of a TBI can be mild, moderate, or severe, depending on the extent of the damage to the brain. A person with a mild TBI may remain conscious or may experience a loss of consciousness for a few seconds or minutes.
- What is Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)?
Description: Chula Vista Brain Injury Law Firm: Approximately half of severely head-injured patients will need surgery to remove or repair hematomas (ruptured blood vessels) or contusions (bruised brain tissue). Disabilities resulting from a TBI depend upon the severity of the injury, the location of the injury, and the age and general health of the individual. Some common disabilities include problems with cognition (thinking, memory, and reasoning), sensory processing (sight, hearing, touch, taste, and smell), communication (expression and understanding), and behavior or mental health (depression, anxiety, personality changes, aggression, acting out, and social inappropriateness).
- What are the Signs and Symptoms of a Concussion Head Injury?
Description: Chula Vista Brain Injury Attorney: Most people with a concussion recover quickly and fully. But for some people, symptoms can last for days, weeks, or longer. In general, recovery may be slower among older adults, young children, and teens. Those who have had a concussion in the past are also at risk of having another one and may find that it takes longer to recover if they have another concussion.
- Brain Injury
Description: San Diego Brain Injury Lawyer Mark C. Blane offers FREE legal information on his website for brain injuries: For more information on brain injuries in general or MTBI, please click on his video center on his website www.blanelaw.com, to watch legal videos, or search his website with key words in order to pull up more articles, or blogs about this area of personal injury representation.
- After an Accident in Southern California Resulting In Brain Injuries, What Can You Expect?
Description: According to San Diego Brain Injury Attorney Mark C. Blane, Brain injuries in Southern California often lead to serious complications, possibly with long-term or lifetime impairments. For the family, relatives and friends of the victim, this means a life turned upside down, with profound changes in behavior and relations for all. Beyond the psychological adjustment, ensuring the best care and treatment will require you to purchase, rent and contract numerous devices and services to bring back your life as close as possible to normality. This is expert work for which the support of top-rated San Diego Brain and Spinal Cord Injury Lawyer Mark C. Blane will be essential.
Blog for Brain & Spinal Cord Injuries
- Symptoms of a Herniated Disc after a San Diego Accident
Description: If you suspect you feel the symptoms of a herniated disc after a San Diego accident, seek medical attention and call a California injury lawyer: 888-845-6269.
- Cost and Treatment of TBI after an Accident in San Diego
Description: Contact a San Diego trial lawyer if you or someone you love has suffered a traumatic brain injury from an accident in San Diego – 888-845-6269.
- How Spinal Cord Injuries are Treated after a San Diego Accident
Description: Treatment for spinal cord injuries from a San Diego accident can be costly and persist. For help, call your San Diego spinal cord injury lawyer: 888-854-6269.
- Representative Gabrielle Gifford Speaks for the First Time | Brain Injury Recovery
Description: It is certainly good news to hear about Representative Gabrielle Gifford, the Democratic representative from Tucson, Arizona who was shot in the head on January 8, 2011 at a political rally. She is slowly regaining her ability to speak and recently asked for a "piece of toast." Right now, no medical doctor is sure if she will ever regain her speech back 100%; including all cognitive functions.
- What is a Traumatic Brain Injury | San Diego Brain or Head Injury Attorney
Description: San Diego Brain Injury Lawyer: A Brain Injury Accident is a potentially life altering event and may result in long-term or short-term impairments (under the AMA Impairment Guidelines 5th Edition). Brain injuries have differing levels of severity and affect each victim differently because each person's body is different, and each accident is very different bio-mehanically speaking. A person who has suffered a brain injury or brain trauma from an accident may have to readjust many areas of their life, and, sadly, they may not be able to continue living the way they did before the injury. Some areas that may be affected as a result of brain injury may include the following areas:
- Congresswoman Gabby Giffords's Head Injury | Brain Accident Attorney San Diego
Description: Gunshots to the head are extremely serious. It has been true that California injury lawyers have long been familiar with the devastating impact of traumatic brain injury on their injured clients, however Americans are being given a sudden lesson on traumatic brain injury. This is due to the horrible massacre last week that left Arizona Congresswoman Gabby Giffords seriously injured with a traumatic brain injury from a gunshot.
- Disney Settles Head Injury Victim Case – Fall From Disney Tram
- Was Famous Pitchman Billy May’s Death Linked to Brain Injury?
- San Diego Brain Injury, Head Trauma
- San Diego Brain Injury Lawyer, San Diego Head Trauma Attorney, San Diego Concussion Attorney, California Brain Injury Attorney – How To Prove Your Brain Injury Case in a Court of Law Video
- Southern California Brain Injury, California Head Trauma Attorney, San Diego Concussion Lawyer, Proving your Brain Trauma Case in Court
- Head Trauma Injury Causing Permanent Brain Impairment by San Diego Brain Injury Lawyer
- San Diego Falling Merchandise Injury Lawyer
- El Cajon Brain Injury Lawyer: A Discussion on Brain Injury in Children: The types of mechanics involved to produce a child head injury
- El Cajon Brain Trauma Law Firm: Legal and Medical Difficulties for Brain Injuries in Children
- El Cajon Brain Injury Attorney, El Cajon Head Trauma Law Firm, El Cajon Injury Law Firm, San Diego Child Brain Injury Attorney
- La Mesa Brain Injury Law Firm: La Mesa Brain Injury Attorney discusses medical difficulties with child head traumas
- La Jolla Brain Injury Law Firm: La Jolla Head Trauma Attorney discusses symptoms of a Brain Injury
- Chula Vista Brain Injury Attorney: Discusses Brain Traumas in Children (Coup vs. Contracoup Injuries)
- El Cajon AMA Impairment for Brain Injuries | Traumas | Concussions
Web Resources for Brain & Spinal Cord Injuries:
- Brain Injury Association of America
The Brain Injury Association of America (BIAA) is the country’s oldest and largest nationwide brain injury advocacy organization. Our mission is to be the voice of brain injury. Through advocacy, education and research, we bring help, hope and healing to millions of individuals living with brain injury, their families and the professionals who serve them.
- FAQ's for California Brain & Spinal Cord Injuries & Accidents
Have legal questions about California Brain & Spinal Cord Injuries & Accidents? Visit my FAQ Section to find answers to a huge library of different legal questions in this area of the law.
- National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke
Description:The mission of NINDS is to reduce the burden of neurological disease - a burden borne by every age group, by every segment of society, by people all over the world.
- The National Spinal Cord Injury Association
Description: Founded in 1948, the National Spinal Cord Injury Association is the nation's oldest and largest civilian organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for hundreds of thousands of Americans living with the results of spinal cord injury and disease (SCI/D) and their families. This number grows by thirty newly-injured people each day. At NSCIA, they educate and empower survivors of spinal cord injury and disease to achieve and maintain the highest levels of independence, health and personal fulfillment. They fulfill this mission by providing an innovative Peer Support Network and by raising awareness about spinal cord injury and disease through education. Their education programs are developed to address information and issues important to their constituency, policy makers, the general public, and the media, and including injury prevention, improvements in medical, rehabilitative and supportive services, research and public policy formulation.