With different degrees of complexity, brain injuries may result in the following complications:
Mild brain injury
- Sleep disturbance
- Sensitivity to light
- Memory problems
- Emotional problems, such as depression or anxiety
Moderate brain injury
- Loss of consciousness lasting at least a few minutes
- Confusion lasting days or weeks
- Physical, cognitive, or behavioral impairments lasting for months or permanently
Severe brain injury
- Vegetative state
- Minimally responsive state
All of these symptoms affect the patient's life in many ways. Not just the pain, but also the grief and difficulty of adjusting to lost mobility and dependency on others will have a great psychological impact. All family members and friends will have to adapt to the new situation.
The quality of the medical attention and rehabilitation is fundamental to the patient's recovery and adjustment to a new life. After the initial emergency care that may take more than a week and an even longer stay in a specialized rehabilitation center, the very long and difficult process of accommodating the patient at home and re-building a new life will start.
For injured patients with severe disability, numerous devices and services will have to be contracted, rented or purchased, such as:
- physical, occupational and speech therapy
- nursing and daily living services
- adult day care and respite care
- house accessibility adaptations
- transport accessibility adaptations
- personal emergency response system
- adaptive and assistive devices and utensils
- home delivered meals
Whether they are seeking compensation for spinal cord or brain injuries, victims of accidents in San Diego or anywhere in Southern California will need a very strong and highly professional legal support. What is at stake is their quality of life over a long period of time. Figuring out the long-term or lifetime care expenses or the vocational value of a lost job is expert work.
Call Mark C. Blane now at 888-845-6269 or send us an e-mail for a free no obligation consultation. Remember there are no fees for our legal services until we win your case, so call us today. Hablamos Español.