Recent injury statistics: Negligent automobile drivers and uneducated bicyclists have resulted in some staggering statistics.
- Every 6 hours a bicyclist is fatally injured;
- Approximately one million children are injured each year in bicycle related accidents;
- Nearly half of all bicycle fatalities occur to children under the age of 16;
- Head (brain) injuries account for about 75% of all serious injuries and fatalities from bicycle accidents (this is also true for motorcycle accidents);
- While collisions with cars account for only 1/3rd of all bicycle accidents, they account for the majority of catastrophic injuries and deaths.
More Legal Questions About Pedestrian & Bicycle Accidents?
Do you have more legal questions about car & motorcycle accident cases? Return to the Pedestrian & Bicycle Accidents in California Frequently Asked Legal Questions page.